Bursting With Lemon
Make this quick and easy Vegan Lemon Loaf for your next weekend. It is so moist and delicious. It will disappear before the weekend is over. With so few ingredients this is the frugal recipe to a delicious dessert snack loaf. Perfect for picnics, camping, sleep overs, BBQ’s, after dinner, breakfast, snack, school and work. I made it for my family on the farm and it was gone in one day. This is one the whole family will love.
How To Make Vegan Lemon Loaf
The first time I made this Vegan Lemon Loaf I wasn’t sure it was going to cook. This lemon loaf has no dairy, no eggs, no flax eggs or starches. With all the liquid in it I really thought this was going to be a disaster, but it is one of the most moist loafs I have ever made. The only trick to this loaf is patience. It takes over an hour to cook. Although I am always in a high altitude when cooking this Vegan Lemon Loaf. The timing may vary according to where you live and the altitude.
I really though that using a cup of coconut oil was going to be way too much oil, but it really makes the recipe so rich and moist. I believe the coconut oil is the binder in which keeps this loaf together. Coconut oil gets a little harder as it gets cool and thats the secret to a great vegan cake or loaf like this one. You can taste the coconut oil in the loaf, but it doesn’t over power the natural lemon flavoring.
As for the lemon flavoring, how can you ever get enough lemon? Right?! This recipe has four tablespoons, but trust me it works out good. As for the lemon zest I think that can vary. I used about one and a half tablespoons, but I think two tablespoons has worked out best in the past. I am at my parents farm and my Mom’s zester was difficult to use and was a lot finer than I wanted it to be. Although, just using what you have is all you can do and it all worked out. I do like a larger zester for more robust flavor.
Don’t let the photos fool you with the cracks on top. It is just where the liquid had to evaporate from the loaf. It still stays very moist. I like pouring the glaze into these cracks, it’s so good! It is important to add this glaze while the loaf is still warm. It will help the glaze to spread out over the surface of the bread while it is warm. This is always a delicious fun lemon loaf to watch disappear and love that everyone is enjoying your creation. I hope you enjoy this Vegan Lemon Loaf as much as my family and I do.Print
Quick and easy zesty Vegan Lemon Loaf. This is definitely a nice change up for any time of the day. This moist and delicious loaf is perfect for breakfast, tea time, after dinner, picnics, camping, sleep overs, brunch, snack, school or work. If you love lemon then this is for you.
- 3 cups Organic All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Milk, (Unsweetened and warm)
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Oil, (Melted)
- 2 tsp All Natural Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease the 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and lightly dust with organic flour and set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl whisk together the warm almond milk, melted coconut oil, all natural vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest.
- Add the organic cane sugar to the liquid mixture and whisk well. Then add the sea salt, baking powder and mix.
- Whisk in and mix gradually 1 cup at a time of the organic all-purpose flour to the liquid mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Then turn up the oven to 365° and cook an additional 25 minutes. Check at the one hour point and insert a toothpick to check for doneness. Depending on your altitude. The batter may be a little gooey.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. You can loosen the sides with a spatula and flip the loaf out onto the palm of your hand. Then place the loaf onto a flat plate to serve in.
- Create the glaze. In a small bowl mix together the organic powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the loaf and spread it around to fully cover the top of loaf and flow over the sides. Allow the glaze to sit and harden for about 20 minutes.
Keywords: 4th of July dessert, 4th of July recipes, coconut oil desserts, Dairy-free lemon loaf, dairy-free recipes, eggless lemon loaf, eggless recipes, lemon dessert, lemon recipes, lemon snack, picnic recipes, spicy saucy vegan, summer recipes, vegan desserts, vegan lemon loaf, vegan lemon recipes