Roasted Butter Garlic Mushrooms
Sharing is caring!
Delicious Perfect Side Dish
These Roasted Butter Garlic Mushrooms are a wonderful tasty add on to any Holiday dinner. They are full of flavor and rich buttery taste. If you are a garlic lover or wan to pare up with your main course this is the ideal side. These delicious morsels can be a pre dinner appetizer as well. Serve them up hot and they are bound to disappear. Serve them up with some lemon wedges and soy sauce to top it off.
How To Clean Mushrooms
There is such a wide array of mushrooms in this world but all must be cleaned. I know the most sought after way to clean them off is to run them under water. Yes, the dirt and moss and other stuff is not appealing. But! You don’t want the mushroom to soak up all that water. The best way to clean a mushroom is with a damp cloth or paper towel. Just rub them from the top downward. This will stop the top layer of skin from pealing off. Trim the stub off and clean the underneath gently trying not to destroy the gills under the mushroom.
How To Make Roasted Butter Garlic Mushrooms
This is not your average mushroom side dish because mushroom recipes are mainly sautéd in a pan on the stove. This recipe is different because they are roasted in the oven and then the butter garlic sauce is added after.
I like this dish because it is so easy, quick and tasty. Just spray the mushrooms with an olive oil spray and then add the onion salt, sea salt, chives and black pepper. Put them in the pre-heated 400 degree oven and bake them for 20 minutes. At 10 minutes take them out and tern them over.
While the mushrooms are roasting make the butter garlic sauce. Mince up all of the garlic into small bits and pull off about a heaping tablespoon of fresh thyme. Wait to start heating the butter until the mushrooms are half way done in their roasting time. If the mushrooms are shrinking fast because they maybe small then only cook them for 5 more minutes. Then start heating the butter. Heat the butter first until it completely melts and gets a little darker. Then after the mushrooms come out of the oven add the minced garlic and fresh thyme to the butter. Pour over the mushrooms and toss around with all the oil and spices in the baking dish. Serve immediately!
Loving these mushrooms! I have lots of similar dishes to share for future post. I know I will be making this one for our Christmas side dish this year. Let me know how you like them. Enjoy!
Roasted Butter Garlic MushroomsSpicy Saucy Vegan
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Large baking dish or cookie sheet
- 1 Spatchula
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- 1 Set of measuring cups
- 1 Small sauce pan
- 1 Serving dish
- 1 lb Large White Mushrooms
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Chopped Dried Chives
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅓ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced small
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, heaping
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sprinkle Soy Sauce
- Hot pepper Flakes or Hot Sauce Of Choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Clean all the mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- Put clean mushrooms in a baking dish or a lined cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray mushrooms with olive oil spray. Turn them over and spray the other side. Top the mushrooms with the onion powder, chives, sea salt and black pepper.
- Put the mushrooms in the oven for 20 minutes if they are large mushrooms roast for 15 minutes if they are smaller mushrooms. Just keep an eye on them after 10 minutes. Turn them at 10 minutes but if they are getting too shriveled up then take them out. This is all depending on the size of your mushrooms that you are using.
- While the mushrooms are roasting in the oven mince your garlics and take the fresh thyme leaves off of the stem. You can use a heaping tablespoon of these fresh thyme leaves. They are really flavorful so don't skimp on them.
- After the mushrooms have cooked for 10 minutes take them out of the oven and turn them over with a spatula. Put them back in the oven to finish cooking.
- Heat up the butter in the small sauce pan until it is very hot and bubbling. Turn off and set aside until mushrooms are done.
- When mushrooms come out of the oven reheat the butter until hot again. Add the garlic and fresh thyme. Take the pan and poor over the mushrooms in the baking dish. Toss them around in the dish so that they pick up the flavors in the dish. Poor the mushrooms into a serving dish and top them with the remaining garlic in the pan. Serve them up immediately.
- Top them up with a squeeze of fresh lemon or soy sauce or both. Them some hot pepper flakes or hot sauce.
Sharing is caring!