Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Best Oatmeal For Breakfast or Lunch
This Carrot Cake Oatmeal is one of creamiest oatmeals and just bursting with wholesome goodness. Making this oatmeal has been a true morning pleasure to wake up with. There is nothing better to savor and enjoy with my morning coffee. Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes ever and this is so rewarding as a makeshift second to carrot cake. This oatmeal is not covered in frosting, but it is surprisingly sweet with the coconut and maple syrup. Checkout the recipe below and make this warm delicious, easy, creamy morning delight for your next breakfast or lunch.
How To Make Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Well, oatmeal is one of the easiest meals to make. Although, this one has a little twist to creating it. I made this with creaminess in mind. Instead of just cooking it in water I cooked the oatmeal in half water and half coconut milk. Plus, I top it in coconut milk after it was done. It is the creamiest texture when cooked this way. When cooking it in just coconut milk it tends to be very heavy. If you like it this way then give it a try.
When picking a carrot for this oatmeal, I just use a medium to small carrot. I find that shredding the carrot fine works the best. If it is shredded to large it has to much carrot taste. I find that there is a better balance in the flavors when the carrot is cut small. I like smaller coconut bits as well. The fine shredded coconut is really good and adds a lot of flavor and sweetness. I find that the vanilla and coconut together kind of taste like the creamy frosting on a carrot cake, making this especially authentic.
As for the toppings on this yummy oatmeal they can vary. I like walnuts and coconut on top. This makes it especially good. Sometimes I put sunflower seeds for a little extra crunch or extra cinnamon, or pecans instead of walnuts, dark raisins instead of golden raisins and fresh pineapple. It all depends on what you have on hand to create this amazing Carrot Cake Oatmeal. I hope you enjoy this creamy, flavorful oatmeal as much as we do!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1 Medium sauce pan
- 1 Stirring spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients For One Serving
- ½ cup Organic Old Fashion Oats
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Milk, or your favorite plant based milk
- 1 medium to small Fresh Carrot, shredded small
- 2 Tbsp Golden Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut, small shredded if you have it
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- Shredded Coconut
- Walnuts or Pecans
- Fresh Pineapple Bits
- Coconut Milk, or any plant based milk you like
- Sunflower Seeds
- Maple Syrup
- In a pot over medium heat add the water, ½ cup of coconut milk (or your favorite plant based milk), old fashioned oats, shredded carrots, vanilla and salt and cover and let it come to a boil.
- After it starts to boil turn the heat down to a simmer, stir the oatmeal mixture, cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- After it has cooked for 5 minutes turn off the heat. Add the coconut, walnuts or pecans and cinnamon and stir in. Cover and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. This will let the oatmeal thicken.
- Uncover and spoon into a bowl. Top with your desire of favorite toppings listed above.