Vegan Taco Pasta Salad
Quick And Easy To Make For The Summer
This Vegan Taco Pasta Salad is so easy to throw together. This is a salad that you could always have on hand for those extra unexpected guests or sleep overs. You can pump the spice up in this recipe for those who love it or keep it mild for those with tender tongues. This is definitely a perfect Tex Mex dish for summer BBQ’s and picnics. Just pour on the spicy taco mix, stir and serve.
How To Make Vegan Taco Pasta Salad
I love making this salad because half of the makings for the recipe are in my kitchen pantry. I normally have most of these groceries on hand at all times. I used my good old macaroni for this recipe, but you can use what ever pasta you like. Although, if you are using large pieces of pasta you will have to measure at least a 1 1/2 to 2 cups (all depending on the size of the pasta). You could also weight it out to 8oz. if you have a scale.
The veggies are very basic taco type vegetables. I try to use all organic vegetables but organic jalapeños are hard to find. So I will be growing my own this year. I use cherry tomatoes because they have less liquid in them compared to large tomatoes and I think they look nice in the salad. I forgot to put my pepper in the picture shown here. I used an orange bell pepper but you can use any type of bell pepper. Some people mix in small bits of lettuce into the salad, but I find it jets too wet if you are saving any for the next day.
As for the cheese I used my favorite vegan Daiya brand Mexican 4 cheese for this salad. I love this one. It’s made with chickpeas, non GMO, vegan, gluten free and 159mg of calcium per serving. That’s a lot of calcium. I think this cheese goes really well with any taco seasoning. I used a spicy organic brand but you can use whichever kind you like. Although, I don’t recommend the liquid packets of taco seasoning because it would be too wet.
Vegan Taco Pasta Salad Toppings
This salad is so good with as many toppings as you want to put on it. Crumbling a couple of handfuls of tortilla chips in with the salad is the crunchy bomb to every bite to this salad. It adds such a nice texture and flavor. Topping it off with some cilantro and avocado is a must in my book. I have to have that! These are two of my favorite toppings for most anything. The jalapeños and lime really fill your pallet with a lot of zip and zap! Very nice add on! The pumpkin seeds are optional but again they add a nice crunch. I make this salad a lot, I hope you enjoy it!
Vegan Taco Pasta Salad
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Pasta strainer
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Large spoon
- 1 Medium mixing bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Set of measuring cups
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- Extra bowls to but toppings in for guests to serve themselves
- 1 cup Pasta, measured before cooking
- 1½ cups Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Organic Corn
- 1 cup Organic Black Beans
- 1 cup Bell Pepper, chopped (any color of bell pepper)
- 1 cup Vegan Mexican or Vegan Cheddar Cheese,
- ⅓ cup Green Onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup Black Olives, sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Jalapeños, chopped small
- 2 Handfuls Tortilla Chips, crumbled
Taco Mayo Mixture
- 1¼ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning, choose your favorite (mild to spicy)
- ½ Juice of a Lime
- Lime Wedges
- Vegan Cheese
- Crumbled Tortilla Chips
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Green Onions
- Jalapeños, sliced
- Favorite Hot Sauce
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to instructions on the bag. When done drain the pasta well. At least 15 minutes. You don't want extra water in this salad.
- Put the pasta in a large bowl after is is well drained. Add the corn, black beans, sliced cherry tomatoes, vegan Mexican or vegan cheddar cheese, sliced black olives, sliced green onions, chopped bell peppers, chopped cilantro and chopped small jalapeños. Stir it all together.
- In a medium bowl add the vegan mayonnaise, 1 package of organic taco seasoning and fresh lime juice. Mix together well and pour on top of the pasta salad mixture in the large bowl. Mix together well.
- Before serving add two handfuls of crushed tortilla chips to the taco pasta salad and stir it into the salad. Top the salad with your favorite toppings (chopped cilantro, avocado, lime wedges, vegan cheese, crushed tortilla chips, pumpkin seeds, sliced green onions, sliced jalapeños and your favorite hot sauce) Have lots of extra topping for your guests to put on top of their own salads. Serve with your favorite organic tortilla chips.Enjoy!