Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Sharing is caring!
High Protein Cookies
If you are looking for nutritious vegan cookies checkout these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are so delicious! They have extra almond flour to boost up the protein and moisture in every bite. This recipe makes over 50 cookies, but it doesn’t matter that it’s a lot, because they will be gone in no time. These are perfect cookies to make for the up coming Holidays. You can add chocolate chips, dress them up in a white chocolate dip or just add some extra peanuts to the top. Theres so much that you can do with these cookies.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and modified it ever so slightly. I tried not to remake the wheel because these cookies are already so good. Plus, these peanut butter cookies are some of the easiest cookies I have ever made. The one thing that is the most important is to make your flaxseed egg first. Let it sit to congeal a bit before adding it to the creamy mixture. The creamy mixture is the butter and peanut butter mostly. First cream the vegan butter until smooth and add the peanut butter cream again. Then add in the sugars, cream again and lastly add the flax eggs. Cream them all together again. Set aside.
Now as for the flour that is used I use organic white flour. You can use whatever flour you want. Although, I think white is the best for this recipe. I added a half of a cup of almond flour to pump up the protein and texture. Surprisingly, I thought these cookies would fall apart by using the almond flour, but they didn’t.
When making these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies just form them into little balls. I make them 1 inch wide when I want them to be smaller cookies. Make them about 1 and a half inches wide when you want them bigger like the ones in the photos. Then press a fork gently crisscross over the cookies.
Ingredients For Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
I really like using organic peanut butter for these cookies. I like the taste of them better. The organic peanut butter doesn’t have as much sugar. Although, if you are using organic peanut butter you will have to mix the oil and the peanut butter together by hand. Often there is too much oil. My advice is to spoon out about a tablespoon of the oil from the top of the jar before mixing. When there is too much oil it will leave you with very thin cookies after you bake them.
These cookies are so delicious I hope you enjoy them.
Vegan Peanut Butter CookiesSpicy Saucy Vegan
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- 1 Small bowl about 2 cups in size
- 1 Electric Mixer
- 1 Scraper
- 1 Large spoon
- 1 Large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper to line cookie sheet
- 1 fork to press crisscross into cookie with
- 1 Spatula
- 2 to 3 Cookie racks, optional
- 1 cup Vegan Butter, softened
- 1 cup Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 2 cups Organic White Flour
- ½ cup Organic Almond Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
Make Flaxseed Egg
- In a small bowl mix together the 2 Tablespoons of flaxseed and 6 Tablespoons of water. Set aside to congeal.
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl add the vegan butter and cream until smooth with the electric mixer. Then add the crunchy peanut putter and cream together until smooth. Add the white sugar and packed brown sugar. Cream together again. Last add the congealed flaxseed mixture called a flaxseed egg. Cream together with the electric mixer into the sugar and peanut butter mixture. Set aside.
- In another large bowl with a spoon mix together the organic white flour, organic almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Pour ⅓ of the dry ingredients into the wet peanut butter mixture and mix together with a large spoon. Pour another ⅓ of the dry ingredients in with the peanut butter mixture and mix together again. Repeat with the rest of the remaining dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until it is all mixed together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- When the cookie mixture is done cooling spoon about a tablespoon out of the cookie dough and roll it into a ball in the middle of the palms of your hands. Make them about 1 inch wide for small cookies and about 1½ inches wide in diameter for larger cookies. Place them on your cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Press down the cookie balls softly with a crisscross shape with the back side of your fork.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. If the cookies fall apart when taking them off of the cookie sheet then they are not done. They should be just turning a little light brown in color when done. When cookie cool they will be a little harder and hold their shape.
- Makes about 50 small cookies and about 40 large ones.
Sharing is caring!