Vegan Pasta Salad with Italian Balsamic Dressing Recipe
A Delicious Crowd Pleaser Salad
This Vegan Pasta Salad with Italian Balsamic Dressing is a delicious robust and full of flavor salad. This is a great healthy and wholesome mayo free salad alternative that will keep you coming back. The flavor is rich and the ingredients are fresh and filling.
How To Make Italian Pasta Salad with Balsamic Dressing Recipe
Sometimes this is all I feel like eating. I love my regular green salads but sometimes I like to change it up a bit. This salad has always worked well as a main coarse or a side dish. I like to dress it up with vegan cheeses, lots of red pepper flacks, (hot cherry peppers are amazing with this dish) a variety of olives or some crunchy pumpkin seeds. Just follow your heart on what your Italian taste buds want and throw it on.
I use a generous amount of marinated artichokes and sometimes a variety of types of olives. The pasta is of your desired choice. I have made this with different pastas and it still turns out wonderful. Although, I find that bit size pastas work best. Everything should be in a bite size and the cherry tomatoes should be cut in half because they tend to squirt out seeds and juice when bitten. Not very easy to chew sometimes.
Choosing a vegan cheese can be all up the the chef of this salad and knowing her family or guests. Hot spicy cheese, cheddar or a vegan feta can work for this dish. If you choose to use hot cheese you may want to use less hot pepper flacks or non at all. Try to explore because there are so many good vegan cheeses out there now.
If you are creating this dish for non vegan lovers then this is perfect as a side dish for them. Just fill it up with all the Italian ingredients that they enjoy. This salad makes a generous amount. It’s great for large gathers and the presentation will always be a hit anywhere you bring it. Enjoy!
Link To My Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe and Other Vinaigrettes:
Italian Pasta Salad with Balsamic Dressing Recipe
- 1 Large pasta pot, to boil in
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- 1 Large serving bowl
- 1 Large serving spoon
- 1 lb Pasta, not over cooked
- 2 small Broccoli heads, broken into small heads
- 2 small Zucchini, sliced
- 1 half Red Onion, chopped in large chunks
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 medium Carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 can Black Olives, chopped in half
- 1 cup Italian Balsamic vinaigrette, use extra if needed
- 1 small jar Marinated Artichokes, cup in half
- 1 8oz Vegan Cheese, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped fine
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions, drain and let cool, set aside.
- Chop up your broccoli heads and steam until al dente. Rinse in cool water just enough to barely cover the broccoli to cool it down. Set aside to drain and cool.
- Chop up the remaining vegetables, black olives, vegan cheese and parsley.
- Add the cool cooked pasta, cooked broccoli, chopped vegetables, black olives, parsley, marinated artichokes, Italian balsamic vinaigrette and mix gently together. You may need to add more vinaigrette to your liking. Add the vegan cheese last and toss again to coat the cheese being careful not to break the cheese. Keep a couple of chunks of cheese to put on top to set up for a nice presentation with your garnishes.
- Top with red pepper flacks and crushed black pepper. Garnish with pickled cherry peppers, chunks of cheese and fresh parsley sprigs.