Vegan Mason Jar Greek Salad
You Can Take This Salad Anywhere
This Vegan Mason Jar Greek Salad is such a quick and easy prep for the week ahead. Make them up on the weekend and grab and go. Bring this salad to work, school, camping, BBQ, great for long work days for dinner or just about anywhere. Make your refrigerator your one stop shop for the week. This is perfect for everyone, well, maybe not little ones. Although, these jars fit perfectly in a back pack, do be careful with these glass jars.
How To Make Vegan mason Jar Greek Salad
This Vegan Mason Jar Greek Salad has become one of my summer time favorites. It is so nice and easy to grab a cold salad already made and pour it in a bowl. All of us know how long it takes to make and eat a salad. Being healthy is work and time. So why not be efficient!
The trick to this salad is making sure all the crispy large veggies and tomatoes stay at the bottom like the cucumbers, onions. This way the salad dressing doesn’t get everything very mushy. These vegetables can withstand marinating in the dressing for days and still taste delicious. Please leave the lettuce on the top. It stays nice and fresh. Just do not put your vegan cheese and vegan protein in the dressing at the bottom first because it will change the texture and taste. That would leave this wonderful salad to be a disappoint and I wouldn’t want you to do that since it is so good.
You can use whatever kind of vegan protein for this recipe. I find Beyond Beef to work really well. I just fry it up into little pieces. I cook it without oil because it doesn’t need it and I use some Montreal Steak Seasoning, it has so much flavor.
Before serving just shake the bottom a little to mix up the dressing and pour into a large bowl. Depending on how much you packed it, it can be a single serving for one or a side salad for two. I will be making more of these quick and easy mason jar salads so stay tuned. I hope you love this salad as much as we do. Enjoy!
Vegan Mason Jar Greek Salad
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Sharp knife
- Mason Jars
Greek Salad Dressing
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 quarter wedge
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 dashes Sea salt
- 3 dashes Black Ground Pepper
- 3 inches Cucumber, cut into quarters and chopped
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, 1 inch chopped pieces
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- ⅓ cup Vegan Protein of Choice, I used chopped fried Beyond Beef
- ⅓ cup Vegan Feta Cheese
- 10 to 12 Greek Olives
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped and packed
- In a clean mason jar add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, dried oregano, minced garlic, salt and ground black pepper. Do not mix!
- On top of the Greek dressing add in this order the chopped cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, vegan protein meet of choice, vegan feta cheese, Greek olives and chopped romaine lettuce.
- You can make many of these salads at once. Store and keep in the refrigerator for 4 days.