Spicy White Bean Hummus
Changing It Up From Regular Traditional Hummus
This Spicy White Bean Hummus is so smooth and delicious. It has a creamy northern white bean mildness with a bite of spice. This is so easy and quick to make. Plus the cost is only about $2.50 in price and taste better than store bought. Double this recipe up and bring it to your next party and it is bound to be a hit.
How To Make Spicy White Bean Hummus
For those of you that are not crazy about eating chickpeas this is a delicious alternative. I love making this Spicy White Bean Hummus with northern beans. I have made hummus with other beans but these northern beans tend to be my favorite. They are so mild and creamy that you can really taste all the flavor of whatever spices and herbs that you put in.
I like to just throw everything into my Ninja blender but I am visiting at my parents farm and used their Vitamix blender and it was amazing. It turned out creamer than any hummus that I have ever made. It was truly the machine. I highly recommend buying one.
I actually make this hummus on whatever I have on hand for spices. Being that I am at my parents farm I just used what they had. You can use whatever hot sauce you like and the rest are everyday spices that you can find in most kitchens. Heres a little photo of what I used. Very quick and easy!
There are some things missing from the photo like olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Of course theres the delicious toppings that is a must do in my hummus world. Love the olive oil and smoked paprika, chili power and dried oregano all together on top for scooping up with organic chips. Yum!
There are so many variations to hummus and I look forward to exploring more of them. So stay tuned for more hummus recipes in the future because I make a lot of it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.
Spicy White Bean Hummus
- 1 Blender or food processor I like using a Vitamix blender
- 1 Scraper
- 1 Small bowl for reserved bean aquafaba from can
- 1 Medium serving bowl
- 1 can Organic White Northern Beans
- ¼ cup Organic Tahini
- 1 Medium Lemon, squeezed
- 1½ Tbsp Sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 to 5 dashes Cayenne Pepper, or more, depending on your taste
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- black Pepper, optional, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Dried Oregano
Making Spicy White Bean Hummus
- Drain the white northern beans and save the liquid of the beans (called aquafaba) in a separate little bowl. Put aside to reserve for later. Use some of the extra bean liquid if your hummus is too thick.
- In a blender add the white northern beans, organic tahini, juice of one medium lemon, sriracha, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, chili powder, cayenne powder, sea salt and black pepper (optional). Blend until smooth. If it is too thick add one Tbsp at a time of the extra bean liquid (aquafaba)that was saved from the can reserved in the small bowl. Scrap down the sides with a scraper and blend again. Blend until very smooth.
- Scrap out the hummus when you are done blending. Put it into a serving bowl and create with your spoon a carved channel into the hummus all the way around the hummus in a circle. (Like the photos above). Pour a little extra virgin olive oil into the channel that you carved into the hummus. Fill that channel all the way around. Then sprinkle some smoked paprika, chili powder and dried oregano onto of the top of the hummus.
- Ready to serve! Enjoy!