Low Fat Spinach Guacamole
This is a tasty way to enjoy your favorite dip by making this Low Fat Spinach Guacamole. It is amazing how you can’t taste the spinach much. You will be able to enjoy eating more guacamole without all the guilt. If your use to limiting yourself on what you can eat guacamole on, now you will be finding new food adventures in what you can add it to.
I have always loved guacamole but this recipe of adding spinach to the mix has been a game changer. It is hard to get use to the idea of spinach being in your favorite dip. The spinach is not that pronounced to turn off your taste buds. I use lemon instead of limes because it really adds balance to any green bitterness of the spinach. Plus, the fresh garlic has such an intensity that it drowns out any recognition of the spinach and rounds it up.
I made this with only one avocado before and it was very green tasting and washed out the avocado taste. When on a diet the one avocado is a great option to not feel deprived of the foods you love. Most of the time I make it with two avocados. I chop and smash the second avocado with a fork and add it after to the blended spinach recipe mixture. This helps give it a thicker consistency. Feel free to just play around with how you like this new version. There is no wrong way to make this, it’s all in your personal taste buds. I also use large avocados when making this so if you have small ones add an extra small avocado.
When blending the guacamole the spinach can really stick to the sides of the blender and be hard to blend. Try it in a food processor if you have one. It works better and you can have better control over the chunks of spinach sticking to the side. It can still work in a blender but a little harder. Just know it is all worth it when you can eat more guacamole. I hope you enjoy this Low Fat Spinach Guacamole.
Low Fat Spinach Guacamole
- Food processor or Blender
- Medium size bowl
- Large spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- 2 Lg Avocados
- 1 8oz bag Baby Spinach Use the whole bag
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Lemon or Lime Juice of one
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes Cut in half
- ⅓ Red or Yellow onions Chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lg Garlic Clove Chopped fine
- 1 tsp Trader Joe's Chili Lime Spice or ¼ tsp chili and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Salt and Black Pepper To taste
- In a food processor or blender add water, lemon or lime, spinach and 1 avocado. Keep cleaning and pushing the spinach back into the bottom of the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In your bowl smash down the second avocado with a fork. When done add the blended mixture to your bowl. Mix in the second avocado you smashed in the bowl. Then add the chopped garlic, chopped onion, cherry tomatoes cut in half, spices, salt and pepper to taste. Add more cayenne if you like it spicy.
- Put in the refrigerator for 1 hour for flavors to mingle. Serve with your favorite foods or chips
- Great for parties and holidays!