Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
A Vinaigrette That Enhances So Many Dishes
Welcome to my favorite homemade Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe. This is a keeper recipe because it’s a quick dressing or marinade. It’s very robust and busting with Italian flavors. This is a must make for your next Italian dinner salad or to bring as a nice addition to a summer dinner party. It is very versatile and your family and friends will love it.
I have been working on recipes to incorporate this Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe. Summer will leave me with lots of time on the grill to come up with some special marinades to explore. I think it would also be a good marinade for vegetable kebobs and a good vinaigrette for pasta salads. My next adventure with it will be a tomato salad combo with a mixture of olives. Zucchini is another choice that adds to the possibilities of exploring another vegan made dish. There are so many possibilities for this Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe. Stay tuned for these upcoming recipes. Maybe you will come up with some for yourself. Drop me an e-mail and let me know if you explore with it and what you came up with.
How To Make Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
This dressing can be made in a blender. I use a blender because I like how mingled all the flavors get and it gets thinker in consistency. You can mix it by hand by shaking it in a bottle with the lid on. You just have to use a garlic press or chop the garlic very fine for the bottle blending by hand because you will get more of the flavor of the garlic. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or over night before serving it. The cool refrigerator time really makes a difference in the taste. This recipe makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of dressing. Perfect amount for my Italian Pasta Salad recipe or on your favorite tossed salad. Enjoy!
More vinaigrette and dressing recipes you may like:
Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Blender
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Set of measuring cups
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- 2/3 cup Olive oil extra virgin
- 2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 medium Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- I like putting the oil in first and then the rest of the ingredients so that everything floats on the oil and doesn't stick to the side of the blender.
- Chop the garlic into large pieces to help blend in the blender. If you have a good blender just chuck them in without chopping. Then add all the herbs, spices, mustard, salt, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Blend on high until well blended. Although, you can mix it all in a jar but use a garlic crusher or chop the garlic up small. Shack very well until completely mixed.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator and let the herbs and spices mingle for at least an hour. Store for up to 10 days.