Gluten-free Vegan Maple Shortbread Cookies
Sharing is caring!
Flourless Cookies With A Robust Maple Signature Taste
Loving these super moist Gluten-free Vegan Maple Shortbread Cookies. Almond flour is key in this recipe, making a really nice shortbread texture. These little morsels have a delicious maple punch in flavor. Really who doesn’t like real maple flavor? Give these a try and I’m sure you will be making a double batch for everyone or maybe just yourself.
How To Make Gluten-free Vegan Maple Shortbread Cookies
The first time I made these they were just regular flavored shortbread with vanilla. I thought boy these could really use a little extra. Although, I love vanilla, but as you can tell from my past recipe posts I do like to use a lot of maple syrup in my recipes. The first time I made these I was hooked.
First things first and most important. You have to use blanched almond flour and nothing courser then that. If you can find even finer almond flour even better. This is the most important part of the cookie. There are no eggs in this recipe, not even a flaxseed egg. So the finer the almond flour the better so that it doesn’t crumble apart.
Second the easiest thing about this recipe is that you just throw in all in a bowl and mix it together. It really is that easy. Presto! It should look like the photo below after mixing it all together.
Next form this dough into little balls by rolling them together in the palms of your hands. They should be a little over an inch and a half in diameter. This recipe makes about 10 cookies so you can easily tell if you have them the right size by how many you come up with.
Next take a fork and press them down gently on the top of the cookie dough. Just enough to make them flat on the top. Then you can put sprinkles or whatever you desire for a decoration on top. I put coconut sugar on top after they were cooked. You can put it on before you cook them or after. All depending on what you want. They are just as delicious plan.
After baking for 10 minutes they should look like these delicious cookies above. I put my cookies on a plate to cool because they are a little delicate for a cookie rack unless you have a fine mesh one. They are less crumbly after they cool.
These cookies are minimal in ingredients they can be made so fast and often. Trust me they don’t last long. Although, they can be on the counter top for 4 days and then transfer them to the refrigerator. I hope you like these wonderful Gluten-free Vegan Maple Shortbread Cookies as much as we do. Enjoy!
Gluten-free Vegan Maple Shortbread CookiesSpicy Saucy Vegan
- 1 Medium mixing bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 1 Large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- 1 Set of measuring cups
Maple Shortbread Cookies
- 1½ cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Maple Extract
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 pinches of Sea Salt
- Any Additional Toppings, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare the baking sheet with a liner of parchment paper
- In the medium mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix together until you have a cookie dough. It will look crumbly.
- Roll the dough between the palms of your hands until you form a little ball about 1½ inches wide. The dough should make 10 cookies. Put onto the parchment lines cookie sheet.
- With the back of a fork lightly flatten each cookie and top with sprinkles or desired decoration. You can also just flatten the top with you fingers and then decorate, or decorate after they are cooked. Decorating is optional.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- When done transfer to a plate or fine meshed cooking rack. Let cool for about ten minutes.
Sharing is caring!