Rich And Fudgy Chickpea Brownies
These high protein Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies are a must try. It is hard to believe that they are mostly made of chickpeas and almond flour. These two ingredients are totally in disguise making a moist and perfect textured brownie. This is a wonderful gluten-free alternative dessert to go to for all of those people suffering with gluten aches and pains. This is such an easy recipe and one that you can make ahead of time. This recipe makes 9 medium sized thick brownies that the whole family will love.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies
The instructions to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies may sound like a lot of work because we use two mixing machines. But! Trust me It is not! I use a food processor to mix the chickpeas, melted chocolate, powders and spice and a blender to whip the aquafaba liquid that is in with the chickpeas. This liquid when whipped transforms into a binder like an egg.
First you need a double boiler to melt the chocolate. I fortunately have a bowl that fits right over one of my pans. This works out really well for me. Add 100g of dark chocolate chips to the double boiler with the vanilla, coconut oil and organic instant coffee. Melt it down and set aside.
Next drain the aquafaba liquid from the can of chickpeas into the blender and add the drained chickpeas into the food processor. Add all the ingredients except the sweeteners and the flours to the chickpeas. Add the flours last or it won’t come out the same. So add the melted dark chocolate mixture, sea salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and sacha inchi powder (optional) to the food processor and blend well. (Like in the YouTube video) Scrap the sides and blend again.
In the blender, blend the aquafaba liquid until frothy and then add the monk sweetener and the coconut sugar. You can use just a full cup of coconut sugar if you don’t have monk sweetener. I use the monk sweetener because it has no calories and better for diabetics. Mix the sweeteners and aquafaba liquid in the blender and then add to the food processor mixture. Blend together and then add the flour here at the end. Blend in the flour in the food processor and mix together well. Transfer the mixture to a lined parchment paper 8×8 inch baking pan. Top the brownies if desired with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
How To Cut The Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies
These brownies are very crumbly when they are taken strait out of the oven. So you have to wait for them to cool completely in the refrigerator. Cut them with a sharp knife into 9 pieces. Top with your favorite ice cream and syrup or just as is and they are amazing. Fantastic texture and moisture from the chickpeas. coconut oil and almond flour.
Adding Sacha Inchi Powder
I add sacha inchi powder to these brownies. This is totally an option but I do it because it is a nut powder that is full of protein at 9g per tablespoon and it is considered a super food. It improves cholesterol levels, increases weight loss, improves gut health, full of omega 3 fatty acids, decreases blood sugar levels, helps with IBS, helps maintain proper kidney function and much more. It is truly worthy of research and asking your doctor if it is right for you.
One big reason I use it is because of the protein and the gelatinized way it works in food to help bind it together. This is definitely a great product to bake vegan food with. Just be careful because too much will make your baking and smoothies very thick.
No worries about the farming aspect as well. It is harvested by farmers near the rainforest and not ripped out of the rainforests. It is a rather large nut grown in a cluster and can be bought to eat as a flour or nut. Just make sure they are bought roasted before consuming. It should say so on the bag. You can buy this amazing product on Amazon or in some local health food store.
This Gluten-Free Vegan Brownie recipe is a very delicious surprise and one I will be adventuring into creative variations on this recipe. I will be making one in the near future with black beans and with even a higher count of protein per brownie. Stay tuned! I hope you like these brownies as much as we do. Enjoy!Print
These Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies are super moist and very fudgy. It is hard to believe that it is mostly made of chickpeas and almond flour. These brownies are eggless and full of protein. If you suffer from gluten intolerance then these brownies are for you. They are perfect to make ahead of time and this recipe makes 9 medium sized thick brownies. These are healthy brownies that the whole family will love.
Double Broiler Melted Chocolate
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Organic Instant Coffee
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Blender Sweetened Aquafaba
- 1 can Aquafaba, (drained from the chickpea can)
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 15oz. can Chickpeas, (drained liquid aquafaba into the blender)
- Melted Dark Chocolate Mixture, (from the double boiler)
- 1/4 cup Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sacha Inchi Powder, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Mix all together well
- Add Blender Sweetened Aquafaba Mixture, (blend well in food processor with other ingredients)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare 8×8 inch pan with a parchment paper lining.
In A Double Boiler
- On medium heat in a double boiler add the 100g of dark chocolate, vanilla extract, coconut oil and organic instant coffee. Melt down the ingredients all together until smooth. When done take off of the heat and set aside.
In A Blender
- Add the drained liquid of the chickpeas to the blender. Blend until frothy and then add the coconut sugar and the monk sweetener. Blend again until well blended ( about 30 seconds) Set aside.
In the Food Processor
- Add the drained chick peas and melted dark chocolate mixture from the double boiler and blend together until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, sea salt, sacha inchi powder (optional) and baking soda. Blend together well. Stop and scrap the sides of the container down and blend again.
- Add the frothy sweetened aquafaba liquid from the blender and mix well again.
- Lastly add the almond flour and oat flour to the food processor mixture. Blend until well mixed together. Make sure to scrap down sides and blend again. It should look like a thick brownie dough mixture.
- Pour brownie mixture into parchment lines 8×8 inch pan.
- Top brownie mixture with chocolate chips if desired.
- Put in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Make sure to completely cool before cutting into with a sharp knife.
Keywords: 4th of July dessert, almond flour recipes, brownie recipes, chickpea brownies, dark chocolate recipes, eggless brownie recipe, gluten free recipes, gluten-free vegan brownies, high protein brownies, sacha inchi recipes, spicy saucy vegan, spicy saucy vegan recipes, vegan, vegan brownies, vegan dessert recipes, vegan desserts, vegetarian brownies, weekend dessert