Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips
Great Chips With Dinner Or A Snack
Try these homemade Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips with your favorite foods. These sweet potato chips have a perfect balance of sweet, spice, salt and garlic. With the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and a little sprinkle of salt and cayenne pepper, it really complements for a tasty mouth full of chips. Although, they might sound spicy, they aren’t. You make them as spicy as you want. I really think all ages would like these sweet potato chips. These chips are fun for the whole family to make for a weekend food project. Teach the teenagers how to make their own chip snacks, because it’s a big plus to get away from that extra trip to the grocery store.
How To Make Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips
These Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips were really quit fun to make. I used just one long large sized sweet potato. I cut it really thin with a very sharp knife or you can use a mandolin slicer to get the slices even thinner. Both ways work just fine. You can see how thick they are cut in the photo below.
So the magic to the sweet potato chips is Mr. Bing Chili Crisp chunky oil sauce. I used other chili crisp onion garlic sauces but I like this one the best. Theres a lot more oil for dipping the sweet potato slices into the jar. Although, you may need more Mr. Bing if you are making more than two sliced large sweet potatoes.
Plus, a major bonus is that this Mr. Bing product is vegan. Two thumbs up for Mr. Bing! All the ingredients are wholesome and non-GMO. Super vegan friendly with no preservatives. Love this chili crisp sauce!
So after you cut all your slices of sweet potatoes just open the jar and fully dip your slices into Mr. Bing Chili Crisp oil sauce. I try to collect some of the great tasty bits of onion and garlic onto the slices, or you can put a little on with a spoon.
Cooking Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips
I just use a regular cookie sheet and lay all the chips on there without touching each other. This is important so that they can get crispy on all edges of the chips. If you have too many slices of sweet potato to cook you may need two cookie sheets or cook one sheet of chips at a time. After I lay the chips on the cookie sheet I sprinkle them with sea salt and cayenne pepper. Only use the cayenne pepper if you like your chips hot like I do. Of course, Right?! Thats why I’m Spicy Sauce Vegan! I love the sweet, salty and spicy all together.
I cook these Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips at 450 degrees and flip them at about 8 minutes. After you flip them over make sure to keep watch on them because the edges like to burn. If some are sliced thinner than others those are the ones that will burn first. When the edges are turning brown and starting to curl a little then they are done.
I have made these chips multiple times and love them. We really like them with my Spicy Korean Ketchup and Spice Maple Syrup Ketchup recipes on this website. Give it a try! These ketchups are easy to make and yummy on others things as well. These chips are great with a really good veggie burger or vegan sandwich. We love the Spicy Korean Ketchup with kimchi on a Beyond Beef vegan burger. Thats really tasty! I hope you enjoy these fun to make Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips as much as we do. Enjoy!
Chili Crisp Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Sharp knife or mandolin slicer
- 1 Large cookie sheet
- 1 Serving bowl
- 1 Spatula, tongs or fork to turn chips over with
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 jar Mr.Big Chili Crisp
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Clean and scrub the sweet potato. Slice into thin slices. (Slice a little smaller than ¼ of an inch thick)
- Heat oven to 450°
- Dip the slices into the Mr. Bing Chili Crisp oil sauce. Cover the entire chip and make sure to add a little bit of the chili crisp bits.
- Lay the chili crisp sweet potato chips onto a large cookie sheet. Make sure the chips are not over lapping. You may have two trays of chips to cook. If so have two cookie sheets ready.
- After you lay them all flat sprinkle the sweet potato chips with sea salt and cayenne pepper if desired.
- Place into heated oven and cook for 8 minutes. Take the cookie sheet of chips out of the oven and flip them over. Cook for another 4 minutes or until they are turning dark brown on the edges and the edges start to curl a little. Keep an eye on them. Make sure not to over cook and burn.
- When done serve nice and hot out of the oven. Enjoy!