Beer Bread That Taste Like Stuffing
Delicious Stuffing In A Loaf Of Bread
Make this Beer Bread That Taste Like Stuffing your new Holiday traditional dinner bread. It is so easy. This bread will help take the work out of making a complicated meal faster. You will find that this beer bread will go with most any savory meal. It is such a tasty, buttery, dense loaf of yummy goodness. I have no problems getting people to eat this bread. I have to make two loafs most of the time. Even the little folks will be stealing an extra slice off of the dinner table.
How To Make Beer Bread That Taste Like Stuffing
Your choice of flour doesn’t really matter. I have made this bread with just all-purpose flour and self rising flour. This recipe is all-purpose flour. It makes a heavy loaf but that is what makes it more like stuffing. You can add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt per 1 cup of all-purpose flour and this will make your own self rising flour. Just mix it really well together and use it as you would the self rising flour that you buy from the store. Pretty easy!
As for the savory choice of spices. I just use an Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon of basil and a 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary. It is the rosemary and sage that really jump start the Holiday flavors in this bread. Then I kick it up with some fresh minced garlic. So this makes a lovely stand in for garlic bread for dinner as well. Goes really well with Italian meals, roasted veggies, pot pies, vegan turkey, stews, soup and so much more.
I was thinking of my vegan friends in this recipe. I added a little nutritional yeast in with this bread. It really helps give it an extra buttery flavor compared to other beer breads. Plus, I know how we all need that extra B12. Although, the nutritional yeast is optional.
How To Pick Out The Beer For Beer Bread
When I pick up beer I like to support our local breweries. I think it is so very important to keep our local businesses established and running for the community. It is so good to support each other. So look for one of your favorite local beer finds. My favorite here in Spokane Washington is a brewery called No Li. I love everything that I have tasted from this brewing company. That is saying a lot, because I’m picky!
I picked No Li’s Big Juicy India Pale Ale for this recipe. It had just the right amount of hoppy taste to it. IPA really works very nice as well, but for this Beer Bread That Taste Like Stuffing I thought it needed a little less hop. There are some great IPA’s that will work just find though. So give it a try and see which one works out best for your beer bread.
I hope you like this new Beer Bread That Taste like Stuffing recipe of mine. Enjoy!
Beer Bread That Taste Like Stuffing
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Large mixing spoon
- 1 Baking 9 x 5 loaf pan
- 1 Cooling cooking rack
Beer Bread Ingredients
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour or Self Rising Flour
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, has to have rosemary in it
- ½ tsp Sage
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, optional
- 3 large Fresh Garlic, minced small
- 1 12oz. Pale Ale Beer or IPA Beer
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375°In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, sea salt, Italian seasoning, sage and nutritional yeast. Mix together well.
- Add the fresh minced garlic. Mix together well.
- Add the 12oz of beer. Mix together until it forms a dough.
- Pour the dough into a greased 9 x 5 loaf baking pan. Flatten the dough mixture flat as best you can and get it into the corners of the pan. It will be sticking up here and there and that is ok.
- Next pour the melted vegan butter over the top of the dough. Spread it out to get onto the entire top.
- Put into the pre-heated 375° oven. Cook for 50 – 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the bread and see if it comes out clean. If so it is done. If not cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.